Place your Ads Here

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

BEING YOU AND THE GOSPEL TRUTH IN REALITY


I’ve seen it here, I’ve heard it there and I believe you have too. This is nothing new. The speech on “being you” has been preached more times than I can count on social media and in motivational talks. In fact, it’s one of the loudest phrases that comes after the phrase, “mind your business”. Still, I’m quite nosy about the number of people that have been able to walk confidently through this speech.

Sometimes I feel those who go about to preach this word are almost not crystal with what they say regarding it. you’ll usually hear stuff like: “Be you. Do not let anyone tell you who you ought or ought not to be, how you should live or whatever. Be proud of who you are and don’t let anyone change you” and a whole lot. I wouldn’t argue with that on a normal basis but to find out that those same motivational speakers are also responsible for bringing down the spirits that heed to their words, is the one thing that gets me wondering: so what did they mean by ‘be yourself’?

I am very certain that criticisms are a way of building oneself to be a better person but it becomes unacceptable when people tend to use biting words to eat through your emotions all the way down to your spirit and soul and when all is said and done, you’ll have nothing to do but to look down on yourself. I don’t know if you can relate but take it from me as an example. I’ve lost so much faith in the man I see in the mirror all because my weak self couldn’t fight the tongues that lashed me down when I was “being myself”. I’ve had lots of “you can’t do this and that….and you can’t be this and that” from people who actually believed that I couldn’t amount to much in life because of the way I am. Funny huh?

And I was so young and naïve to agree to the words of the fickle minded, that I forgot GOD still existed. I think it all boils down to the fact that some people lack the heart of tolerance and acceptance to be able to stand amidst the presence of different beings. They rather want others to live their way of life and when those people do, they complain about how they are trying to be like them. what a world!

Be tolerant and learn to accept; let’s try to remind ourselves that we are all different even though we are one. Don’t go around telling others to be themselves when you know you can’t stand their culture or appearance. (This is one of the reasons people dive to extreme lengths just to please others and they do so the wrong way). Again, as individuals, we should shun negativity and turn deaf ears to people who spit discouragement. Hard as it may be for some of us who aren’t strong and bold-spirited, it is a healthy way to ensure our forwards in order to achieve the best.

Let’s try to chew and digest this thought!

Feel free to chip in your advice too!

Don’t forget to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment