Place your Ads Here

Monday, September 17, 2018

THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD


It has been made known in general knowledge and taught in lots of history and geography classes that the seven wonders of the world are:

                                                The Grand Canyon


                                                 The Great Wall of China


                                                 The Panama Canal

                                                The Taj Mahal

                                               The Empire State Building

                                          The Great Pyramids in Egypt

                                            The St. Peters Basilica.

But I’ve come to learn that the real seven wonders are the ones we take for granted every day.

To feel: imagine a world where your body turns numb and your conscience becomes dead to the plight of others; causing you to care less for those around you. If it were to be that way for everyone, how would that make you feel?

To see: I honestly don’t know what it would feel like or how my world would be if I can’t see. What then would be the purpose of the having these popular seven wonders of the world as sites of attraction?

To touch: I wouldn’t want to miss the feeling of someone’s palms against mine or yet, the feeling of all that I see around me; to tell their shapes and textures.

To hear: symphonies and melodies have their unique tunes and so do words, all so sweet. I think I’d break down if my ears become impaired and I wouldn’t be able to hear anyone call out my name.

To taste: I would certainly miss the sweet foods, talk of even the bitter ones if I couldn’t taste at all.

To laugh: the best medicine that drives away all blues and touches lives too, is the one thing I’ll always enjoy.

And finally, ….

To love: this particular wonder brings me to awe every time I look around me and I can’t help but appreciate all creations as the love keeps growing.

It is sad to see people brood over material things these days and tend to forget that the most important of all we have is one that we’ve been given for free. Let’s learn to appreciate the gifts God has given us and try to manifest these gifts to make a change in our world.

4 comments: